Pages

Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring

This has been a week. Yesterday, while I was out at the potential house getting the HVAC system repair quote, the husband called to say my dad had just called to say his father, Grampy, had died that morning. And so, we are off tomorrow to Utah for the funeral, in another whirlwind but more sobering trip. He had been sick for a while and not improving, but he has been the best of all my (living) grandparents for years and was living with my parents for the last few years so we all feel close to him and he will be missed. Luckily, we know he was ready, as he had told us all many times. But still sad.

Though, as my sister's boss pointed out, the good thing in all this is we get to get together as a family, which I haven't done since Christmas and won't do this Christmas what with the baby's imminent arrival and all.

So, tomorrow morning, immediately after the much anticipated sonogram, we depart. I don't even want to think about having to mourn two things at once, so let's hope the ultrasound results are heartening.

No comments: