Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Give me just one reason

I've been thinking about tone. The last few posts (besides Jacob laughing) have been such downers, people! So it's time for some happy thoughts....

Jacob was very, umm, flirtatious today, for lack of a better word. He's learned to grin and duck his head and bat his eyes all at the same time, and I just hope he doesn't figure out quickly how gosh darn cute it is. I'm too much of a sucker.

He also picked up and started sucking on his first toy today. He's finally starting to manipulate his hands to do more than find his mouth. He looked so intently at the toy, I could see the synapses firing and the cells developing!

I'm getting so much more sleep than before, and I'm loving it. And my house is slowly (ever so slowly) showing the signs of some more free time on my hands.

I was reading a magazine today and saw all these pictures of 35 year-old women, and they all looked a lot older than I do, which made me feel younger than my years. So that was good!

I'm almost through with season 3 of Battlestar Galactica, which, though it has become increasingly dark, speaking of tone, continues to be entertaining and surprising, like all the best shows are. Okay, and also very weird but hey, still good.

No comments: