Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

I want the pie in the sky

To begin, your moment of teenage Zen:

Teacher: If you had one wish for the world, what would it be?

Student: I'd wish we all had enough money for everything we need and maybe for a few wants, like a computer.

Teacher: Why not eliminate money entirely?

Student: Well, that would really discourage people who are trying to earn a lot of money.

You can't make this stuff up, people!

In other news, J had swiftly gone from tentative crawling to pulling himself up everywhere to learning to fall down more or less gracefully to standing with only one hand lightly holding onto anything to tentatively "walking" along the coffee table. It's frightening how quickly he's learning and how mobile he's become. It amuses me to no end to see his dad put him down and walk away and watch J twist himself over onto his hands and knees and take off after the husband. It seems as if he's just been waiting to say "No, I want to be WITHYOURIGHTNOW and here I come!"

We also just got back from his 9 month well baby visit (as opposed to the month and a half of sick baby visits that we've just ended). The doctor told us he is off the charts in height, 31 inches, and in the 92nd percentile for weight, 23 pounds 14 ounces. He's proportional in height and weight, and, in fact, she said, he's slim for his height and "that's what we all want, to be tall and thin." Which is exactly what I think when I look at my child, he's sooo skinny!

No comments: