Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

S is for Salad

If you know me at all, you know I'm not one for complicated recipes or recipes at all, really. I'm more of a method girl. Here's a method for cooking, now go and experiment.

One of my favorite methods is for making pasta salad. Wanna know the secret? Fat free Italian salad dressing from the dollar store. Yep, pick your favorite vegetables and your favorite pasta. Add salad dressing. Mix. Listen for the rave reviews. Repeat.

This year the husband volunteered me to bring pasta salad to his Christmas party at work, as I think I mentioned. I was assigned to bring two quarts. What does that even mean? People only measure pasta salad in quarts when they are buying it from the grocery store. I don't buy pasta salad from the grocery nor do I have quart containers lying around to measure things in. I make pasta salad using a pound box of pasta and whatever else I have handy, plus the salad dressing. So I made a big bowl and sent it on its way.

Apparently, it was a HIT (see rave reviews above). And the husband was told I could not bring pasta salad next year, but only if i gave someone the "recipe." He laughed inside about that.

Oh, and by the way, they said, she should send three quarts next time.

??!!

No comments: