Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's my birthday, too


Now, you see this face and you think "Ahh, cute...and needs a haircut." But really, this is the face of the birthday imp who has decided today that to celebrate his birth, he will

--truncate his first nap, resulting in a micro-mini, wholly unsatisfactory approximation of sleep.

--bite into an errant individual applesauce container, pierce through the foil for the first time, and suck out the contents like an efficient and giggling (and, presumably, well fed) monkey.

--demonstrate repeatedly that he can both suck off the floor if you don't get to him quickly enough AND blow bubbles and then spit them onto the floor in a puddle of frothy goodness (which he then sucked back up while I was trying to figure out what was going on).

--act like he's about to say "mama" while I'm changing his diaper, causing me to pause and encourage him to mouth the syllables, after which he looked deeply into my eyes, concentrated...and peed all over my shirt.

--follow up this display by saying "dada."

--throw up all over me and his new shirt before his second nap.

Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That post is too, too funny. And, the picture is adorable. Happy Birthday!