Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2007

'Cause I really wanna know

Regular readers will remember my comments from earlier (December 12...I really need to learn how to link back to my own posts, dang it!) that Studio 60's Aaron Sorkin seemed to have remembered around mid-season that on of the main reasons people like his shows is the love. Well, it appears I was right, since this article in the NY Times explains that now he is repackaging or at least newly selling the show as a romantic comedy. Which seems to me, much as I enjoy the love, to be a bit of a stretch but the plan makes me happy nonetheless. More romance, less pedantry, I always say. He also notes in this article, funnily enough, that he gets that people think working on a television show isn't "real work" and detect a certain arrogance in his writing. No, really? You don't say....

And a few quick cross-pollination notes: one of my favorite pastimes is discovering actors in the roles they had before they reached their current level of fame/began starring in shows I actually watch. Yesterday, while watching the last half of Judging Amy while eating lunch at home, I had not one but two sightings: Logan Echols of was playing a teenage incest victim and Nathan Petrelli of Heroes playing Amy's reluctant widower love interest. Tee hee! (And yes, I, like Rosie O'Donnell, can't be bothered to refer to these people by their real names when we all know that we only care about their current characters!) In addition, it appears the lovely long-haired troubadour from Gilmore Girls is now the star of the Naked Trucker and T-Bones Show on Comedy Central, starring, disturbingly, as the naked trucker. Lo, how the mighty have fallen!

2 comments:

Transient Gadfly said...

Allow me to be the 11th person to tell you that the permanent link to a post is the highlighted timestamp at the bottom just to the left of the comments link.

Also, I see that you have come to your senses and gone back to the 'Lilita' alias, which, of course, I enjoy.

Lilita said...

actually, you are the first to tell me and the info is much appreciated. I have made the changes and marveled at how my blog knowledge grows by leaps and bounds each day!

and yes, I realized that I only needed a more covert screen name if I were, you know, needing to be covert, which I am not. so Lilita has returned.