Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just a couple of my cravings

Though there are myriad indignities associated with pregnancy, more than you want to know of which I have chronicled here, there are a few, just a few benefits that help me get through the day(s). Okay, so I have had to give up tomatoes (revealing just how much I eat tomatoes or tomato-based foods--in the area of twice a day, apparently), garlic, hummus, peppers, refried beans, chili, pizza, pickles, vinegar, various spices, etc., BUT I have been able to eat dairy recently and it is fabulous! For example....

--Right now I am enjoying hot chocolate made with MILK and a bagel with real cream cheese for breakfast.
--Yesterday I had a Wendy's chocolate Frosty for the first time in, I don't know, ever?
--On Sunday I had a homemade cheeseburger with real Vermont cheddar.
--Over the weekend I shared a banana split made out of moose tracks, strawberry, and white chocolate raspberry truffle ice creams with the husband.

As you can see, my addiction to dairy is back with a vengeance, as are worse eating habits than I have had for over 10 years, but I am pregnant, dang it, and there have to be some rewards (besides the child, of course)! Plus, and I know this is heresy, I am actually, secretly, getting a little tired of all the cow products, so I think I will be cutting back soon, once I get the glee out of my system (and eat some spinach fettuccine alfredo, my last lingering desire). All these physiological changes have been good for something, apparently, but I really do like my low-cal, low animal product diet of yore and will be happy to return to it soon.

In the meantime, viva la vaca, baby!

2 comments:

Transient Gadfly said...

Uh. Dude. You can't eat tomatoes, garlic, hummus, peppers, beans, pickles, or vinegar while you're pregnant? Who made up those rules? That's, like, our entire diet right there.

Lilita said...

Uh, exactly, it WAS my entire diet, too. So you see my conundrum. And the suckiness of the whole endeavor.

ps the husband went as Steve Jobs for halloween. heehee!