Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Singing all the day

I've fallen shockingly behind on our veggie tales and I should update everyone since this week is our last CSA delivery for the summer (boohoo!). We got the usual suspects this time, including white eggplants, bell pepper, jalapenos, corn, yellow squash, and tomatoes. New to the offerings were basil (yay!) and a huge cantaloupe (boo!), our first fruit. Sadly, I am not a melon fan so the husband has had to eat the ginormous thing all by himself. But so far, we've used the basil (which came roots and all, strangely) and tomatoes to make basil, tomato, and fresh mozzarella pizza (mine minus the cheese, of course).

And while I was gone, the husband made a summer salsa out of onion, yellow tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, jalapeno, corn, and white beans. It was really quite tasty and looked lovely and fresh (there was still some left for me to try when I got home). And the rest of our vegetables helped our friend entertain the masses at a 4th of July party, so they went to good use.

I will miss getting these veggies and coming up with creative and healthy uses for my fresh fare. The next CSA offerings begin in October (pumpkin, anyone?) so we will be in withdrawal for a while, sadly. But I still have to use up this week's order, so more recipes will follow.

Yummy!

No comments: