Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2011

I'm thankful for....

I'm thankful for my crazy, funny, ever-changing boys and my long-suffering husband. I'm thankful for curly hair. I'm thankful for my always helpful parents. I'm thankful for warm, sunny days in late November and early December. I'm thankful for Hulu. I'm thankful for our car. I'm thankful for teaching. I'm thankful for strawberries with lemon sorbet.

I'm thankful for J's expressiveness and for Baby E's comprehension. I'm thankful for turkey and stuffing made from scratch. I'm thankful for Skype. I'm thankful for great fitting jeans. I'm thankful for books and the time to read them. I'm thankful for this blog. I'm thankful for many blogs. I'm thankful for the Information Age. I'm thankful for the gospel. I'm thankful for thriving rosemary bushes. I'm thankful for garden fresh tomatoes eaten off the vine by little boys.

I'm thankful for story time. I'm thankful for bedtime. I'm thankful for rocking chairs. I'm thankful for my solid little house. I'm thankful for job security. I'm thankful for the patience shown to me. I'm thankful for sour jelly beans and sour patch kids. I'm thankful for canned pumpkin. I'm thankful for unexpected finds on Ebay. I'm thankful for daffodils. I'm thankful for my health. I'm thankful for moments of clarity. I'm thankful for training.

I'm thankful for computers. I'm thankful for oscillating fans. I'm thankful for recipes that can be ignored. I'm thankful for aprons. I'm thankful for cell phones. I'm thankful for time-saving dried onions. I'm thankful for sales. I'm thankful for the color green. I'm thankful for sushi. I'm thankful for good TV on demand. I'm thankful for book reviews. I'm thankful for lemon grass and verbena. I'm thankful for Tazo passion tea.

I'm thankful for my mission. I'm thankful for my education. I'm thankful for Picnik. I'm thankful for public libraries. I'm thankful for capris. I'm thankful for plentiful pillows. I'm thankful for frozen mandarin oranges. I'm thankful for comfort. I'm thankful for white t-shirts that aren't sheer at all. I'm thankful for temples. I'm thankful for my ward. I'm thankful for friends both near and far away.

I'm thankful for tousled hair. I'm thankful for baby monitors. I'm thankful for strollers. I'm thankful for my in-laws. I'm thankful for wooden trains and tracks. I'm thankful for storage space. I'm thankful for fun trips. I'm thankful for sunset and twilight. I'm thankful for energetic children. I'm thankful for nap time. I'm thankful for preschool. I'm thankful for books on parenting. I'm thankful for digital cameras. I'm thankful for popsicles. I'm thankful for cordless drills. I'm thankful for my trusty rice cooker and my huge crockpot.

I'm thankful for the beach. I'm thankful for my office. I'm thankful for self-cleaning ovens. I'm thankful for ingenuity and creativity. I'm thankful for time to read magazines. I'm thankful for stories. I'm thankful for boys who love to listen to stories. I'm thankful for boys who will love to read stories for themselves soon. I'm thankful for prayers.

I'm thankful.

These are just a few of my favorite things, in no particular order, in honor of the season of thanksgiving.

No comments: