Pages

Monday, January 02, 2012

Preparations grind to a temporary halt

Our lucky breaks continue: Baby E started throwing up in the middle of the night a few nights ago. I was reminded of a cross country trip we took once when I was little and a stomach bug raced through our car. By the time we got to our destination, my mother was in her nightgown, all the rest of her clothes having been thrown up on. I ended up changing E's sheets and pajamas 5 times that night and doing three loads of laundry. In the end, he ended up in a diaper on our bed with the husband, because I knew we had more of our sheets clean if we had to change another bed.

Then, yesterday, I threw up in church, during my Sunday School lesson (I did manage to make it to the restroom, thank goodness!). I spent the rest of the day passed out in bed, alternating between vomiting and shivering and shaking and sweating. It was awesome! Happy new year to me!

There is some good news: we did get approved for that condo, so we will not be homeless in Cleveland! Huzzah! AND, I won a fabulous carry-on backpack with detachable day pack and lap top bag from a contest I entered a while ago! I mean, it's something, right? Not quite a silver lining but better than vomit!

No comments: